GPG key generated on Windows...

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Sat Jan 8 14:41:36 CET 2022

> 5) Importing the key on Linux does not generate any warning or error. And I
> can also properly use the keypair generated on Windows to encrypt, decrypt,
> sign and verify files between Linux clients without problem. It's just
> encrypting on Windows and decrypting on Linux with a keypair generated on a
> Windows client.

GnuPG has made some long-overdue changes between 2.2 and 2.3.  2.2
defaults to "let's generate traffic like we've done since 2000", and 2.3
defaults to "let's use some newer and better cryptography".  It's
possible to create traffic in 2.3 that cannot be read in 2.2.

Adding "rfc4880" to your %APPDATA%\gnupg\gpg.conf file on your Windows
box might help: this forces GnuPG to use the older style of cryptography.

Let us know if this helps!