GnuPG - signed Telefax communication

Стефан Васильев stefan.vasilev at posteo.ru
Fri Jan 14 19:05:45 CET 2022

vedaal at nym.hush.com wrote:

> On 1/14/2022 at 11:46 AM, "Стефан Васильев via
> Gnupg-users" <gnupg-users at gnupg.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> If people have a modern Telefax machine, have you ever
>> tried out to send a GnuPG signed Fax?
>>
>> =====
>> You can simply armor sign the message.
>> Don't bother with the 'begin' and 'end' part, it can be added on the
>> receiving end.
>> OCR it into telefax and send.
>> I have never done this, and the few times I have tried similar
>> things, the OCR always made mistakes.
>>
>> Anyone used an OCR program that reliably could get a page of gnupg
>> block ciphertext
>> Without mistakes

The only reliable OCR software I have found in the past was a Windows PC
software, which gave 100 percent correct results. I used that for a
scanned
document, from a printed page. Maybe base32, for example, would be a
good candidate, when used only with uppercase or only lowercase letters.

http://www.boxoft.com/free-ocr/

Regards
Stefan