First Amendment and Marines?

Klaus Ethgen klaus+gnupg at ethgen.ch
Sun Jan 30 11:12:11 CET 2022

Hi,

Am Sa den 29. Jan 2022 um 17:38 schrieb jonkomer via Gnupg-users:
> (a) Unfortunately, OpenPG email encryption is incompatible
> with GDPR and should not be used by those that either want
> or need to be GDPR compliant.

That is, simply to say, nonsense.

There is nothing related that GDPR law that is OpenPGP related.
(Independent, that the GDPR is stupidly made.)

When it comes to keyservers, with the same argument you could state that
bitcoin is illegal. (No information in the key chain can be removed. And
there is even child porn inside that key chain that could never ever
again be removed!)

There are more technologies out there where informations, once in, could
never removed again.

Regards
   Klaus

Ps. By the way, I am neither a maintainer nor the creator of GnuPG or
    the OpenPGP standard.
--
Klaus Ethgen                                       http://www.ethgen.ch/
pub  4096R/4E20AF1C 2011-05-16            Klaus Ethgen <Klaus at Ethgen.ch>