Backup of GPG private keys?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Jan 31 08:04:03 CET 2022

On Sun, 30 Jan 2022 04:25, Ángel said:

> Could you elaborate? I am surely missing something.

Unfortunately I can't tell you any details because the paper has not yet
been published.  The attack is not easy to mount but it is not entirely
academic.  It affects the standard for sending private keys and not any
specific implementation.

The OpenPGP DT knows about it for nearly a year but they are busy
nitpicking on details of the 4880bis and spending way to much time
handling and discussing editorial issues and non chartered features.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner