Cannot import private key into gpgsm

Gilberto F da Silva 2458099 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 00:44:07 CEST 2022

Jacob Bachmeyer wrote:
> Gilberto F da Silva via Gnupg-users wrote:
>>     Slackware64 15
>>
>> slack15 at darkstar:~/.config$ gpg --version
>> gpg (GnuPG) 1.4.23
>> [...]
>

> I may be misunderstanding, but I do not think that GPG 1.4.x ever even
> supported X.509 at all.  Maybe you also have a gpg2 command?  Maybe
> there is another gpg somewhere else on the machine?
>

> -- Jacob

I have 3 Linux distributions installed on the computer. In openSUSE
Tumbleweed the result is different when using gpg --version.

openSUSE Tumbleweed

tumbleweed at localhost:~> gpg --version
gpg (GnuPG) 2.3.4
libgcrypt 1.9.4-unknown
License GNU GPL-3.0-or-later <https://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>

Home: /home/tumbleweed/.gnupg
Supported algorithms:
Pubkey: RSA, ELG, DSA, ECDH, ECDSA, EDDSA
Cipher: IDEA, 3DES, CAST5, BLOWFISH, AES, AES192, AES256, TWOFISH,
        CAMELLIA128, CAMELLIA192, CAMELLIA256
AEAD: EAX, OCB
Compression: Uncompressed, ZIP, ZLIB, BZIP2
tumbleweed at localhost:~>