Difference between versions--Question

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Fri Nov 11 15:38:10 CET 2022

On Freitag, 11. November 2022 14:06:34 CET Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> Am Freitag 04 November 2022 13:55:58 schrieb K S via Gnupg-users:
> > How do I run configure to get the compression routines?
>
> checkout the "config.log" or the output of your configure command run
> to see if there are messages concerning compression libraries.

It depends on your distribution what packages you need to install to get
support for compression. Typically, those packages would be called something
like zlib-devel, zip-devel, bzip2-devel, or similar.

configure will very likely have told you that it didn't find zlib, zip and
bzip2. Just running configure without looking at its output will allow you to
build an application, but you may miss optional feature like, in the case of
gnupg, support for different types of compression.

Regards,
Ingo