GPA conversion to GTK3

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Nov 14 09:16:23 CET 2022

Hi Andreas,

Am Samstag 12 November 2022 22:53:07 schrieb Andreas Rönnquist via
Gnupg-users:
> And yes, I have noted that gpg4win has abandoned gpa, which I guess is
> part of the reason of the lower priority for it, but that doesn't mean
> that us Linux people cannot use it, right?

"abandoned" is not the right word for it, to be fair. ;)
It is that GPA has not seen much active development within the whole
GnuPG development team for all platforms. In my observation this is because
 a) there is a good expert user interface with Kleopatra already
 b) and maintaining two would bind efforts that are well invested elsewhere.
 c) for a better user experience the export UIs like GPA and Kleopatra
    should appear less.

So GPA is looking for new maintainers and it is great that you
are hacking on it. Hope more people join this and other related
OpenPGP endtoend efforts.

Best Regards,
Bernhard

--
https://intevation.de/~bernhard   +49 541 33 508 3-3
Geschäftsführer Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter