Status of original PGP?

vedaal at nym.hush.com vedaal at nym.hush.com
Thu Sep 8 03:25:14 CEST 2022

On 9/7/2022 at 6:14 PM, "Robert J. Hansen via Gnupg-users"  wrote:On a
lark I went looking for the current iteration of PGP.  It was
bought by Symantec some years ago, and the last I heard they'd renamed

it to "Symantec Encryption Desktop".  However, Symantec no longer has
it
available for sale or download, and scouring their site turns up
basically nothing.

Does anyone know what happened to PGP?

=====

There is still a source for PGP freeware for PGP 8.0 and
earlier:http://www.pgpi.didisoft.com/products/pgp/versions/freeware/
(I followed the successive links and then got an error page, but if
this is still considered freeware for non-commercial use, then it is
archived somewhere...   https://zedz.net/ )
Vedaal