ADK's (was: [Announce] GnuPG 2.4.1 released)

ckeader ckeader at disroot.org
Sun Apr 30 01:15:22 CEST 2023

Johan Wevers via Gnupg-users writes:
> On 2023-04-28 15:47, Werner Koch via Gnupg-users wrote:
>
> >   * gpg: New command --quick-add-adsk and other ADSK features.
> >     [T6395, https://gnupg.org/blog/20230321-adsk.html]
>
> So you finally caved in to the backdoor demands.
>
> What I'm missing (maybe I just didn't found it?) is an option in my
> config file to ignore adk requests and just don't encrypt to those keys
> as well when I send or reply a message.

Can't call it that as long as it's under user control (every long option of the software has an equivalent config file option. You don't add such a key via config or command line, no adsk will happen as it's not configured). If you're using gpg built by your org, you have no trustworthy environment anyway.

And the feature needs to be supported by the client.

In the face of email having been hijacked by the corporates/Micros~t+Exchange and intrinsically broken S/MIME, practical relevance: close to zero.