YubiKey/OpenPGP card connection issues for non-root user

Felix E. Klee felix.klee at inka.de
Wed Aug 9 13:56:56 CEST 2023

The issue persists. Sometimes the readers (just now the YubiKey) are not
visible to the user. But they are always to root k. I then disabled the
PC/SC daemon:

    [felix at felix-arch ~]$ sudo systemctl disable pcscd
    Removed "/etc/systemd/system/sockets.target.wants/pcscd.socket".
    [felix at felix-arch ~]$ sudo systemctl stop pcscd
    Warning: Stopping pcscd.service, but it can still be activated by:
      pcscd.socket

Afterwards, `gpg --card-status` immediately showed the card status to
the ordinary user.

However, this solution is not good. As I mentioned before, I may want to
use PC/SC in the future, and I may also just accidentally re-enable it.
So it would be better to have a solution where the PC/SC daemon does not
cause some race condition.