Disable keyboxd system-wide?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Dec 7 13:52:21 CET 2023

On Thu,  7 Dec 2023 12:07, Conrad Hoffmann said:

> Thanks a lot, that did the trick. I only got to an empty
> /etc/gnupg/common.conf, but was not yet aware of the [ignore] syntax,
> very useful.

There is also a

[force]
some-option
[-force]

Which uses the option but ignore them in the ~/.gnupg conf files.

FWIW, you can also do things like

# Options to handle embedded keys
[getreg flag \Software\GNU\GnuPG:AutoKeyImport]
[if $flag != 0]
  auto-key-import
[fi]
[getreg flag \Software\GNU\GnuPG:IncludeKeyBlock]
[if $flag != 0]
  include-key-block
[fi]

To read values from the Windows Registry or with getenv from the
environment.  Another hack is this:

# From 2024-01-01 on we require at least rsa3000
[if $_epoch >= 1704067200 ]
  min-rsa-length 3000
[fi]

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner

--
The pioneers of a warless world are the youth that
refuse military service.             - A. Einstein