Public keys stored on different server

Cristian Secară liste at secarica.ro
Fri Feb 10 13:46:48 CET 2023

(top posting on purpose)

While reading your message and assuming, just as a principle, that I (= whatever user) would like to get your public key, how do I know your website so that "people who want to write to me that they have my real key - and not a fake one" ?

(your message below)

Cristi

În data de Fri, 3 Feb 2023 12:06:23 +0100, Juergen M. Bruckner via Gnupg-users a scris:

> Hello Martin,
>
> so I think these people want to make it as easy as possible for
> others to get the public key. I also make my keys available on my
> website and via WKD and DNS.
>  From my point of view it is also a kind of security for people who
> want to write to me that they have my real key - and not a fake one.
>
> regards
> Juergen
>
> Am 03.02.23 um 11:16 schrieb Martin:
> > Hello Vincent,
> >
> > Ok - that is clear now. I never had the idea to get a "whole list"
> > from a key server but I didn't understand why people let access
> > their key only on their own website.
> >
> > Martin

> >> Sorry, that wasn't as clear as it could have been. There are no
> >> non-public keys, all keys are still publicly available, and can be
> >> retrieved by fingerprint or email address. You just can't retrieve
> >> all keys or email addresses as a full list, which makes it a far
> >> less interesting target for spammers.

Cristian Secară
https://www.secarica.ro