"gpg --card-edit" with multiple card readers (Yubikey)

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Jul 7 13:10:27 CEST 2023

On Fri,  7 Jul 2023 11:19, Juanjo said:

> I'm using "gpg (GnuPG) 2.3.3" on AlmaLinux 9 and it works fine with a
> single "YubiKey 5 USB (5.4.3) [CCID]".

You should get a recent version.  Even Fedora comes with 2.4.0

> So, is there a way to select a specific Yubikey for the "gpg --card-edit"
> command?

GnuPG 2.3 and later supports several readers and thus the reader-port
option of scdaemon is not really useful anymore.  Please have a look at
gpg-card [1], this new tool will eventually replace gpg --card-edit but
it is different because it supports all kind of cards.  There is even a
yubikey control command.  It depends on what you actually want to do.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner

[1] https://gnupg.org/documentation/manuals/gnupg24/gpg-card.1.html

--
The pioneers of a warless world are the youth that
refuse military service.             - A. Einstein