32768-bit key

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Mon Jul 10 03:08:29 CEST 2023

> How do I upp the limit of the RSA-key to 32768?

First, come up with a reason why you need one.

A 2048-bit key is hypothesized to possess about 112 bits of entropy; a
3072-bit key, about 128; a 16k-bit, about 256.  You very rapidly reach a
point of dramatically diminishing returns.  A 32k key gives you
essentially nothing in terms of resistance to cryptanalysis, while
making it impossible for the rest of the OpenPGP ecosystem to work with
you because your public certificate is so unreasonably large.

> The TailsOS team has a key that's wy over 16384-bit.

I suggest filing a bug report with them and asking them why they ignore
the best practices of cryptography.