Strange message seen on FreeBSD 14.0 amd64

John Scott jscott at posteo.net
Wed Jul 12 02:05:09 CEST 2023

> Please not[e] that your compiler does not support the GCC style aligned attribute. Using this software may evoke bus errors.
I'd like to pose the question of why GnuPG should use the non-standard aligned attribute anyway, when to the best of my knowledge, the same functionality is supported in C11 with the alignas operator. Perhaps this was just overlooked? If support for pre-C11 GCC is a concern, maybe a wrapper macro could choose whichever method is supported.

I hope this can be considered as a solution.