get OpenPGP pubkeys authenticated using German personal ID

Alexander Leidinger Alexander at leidinger.net
Thu Jun 1 13:23:36 CEST 2023

Quoting Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de> (from Wed, 31 May
2023 16:55:05 +0200):

> https://pgp.governikus.de/?lang=EN
>
> """
> Governikus provides the online service for authenticating your OpenPGP key on
> behalf of the German Federal Office for Information Security (BSI). This
> online service compares the name read from your ID card, your electronic
> residence permit or eID card for citizens of the European Union with the name
> specified in your OpenPGP key. If the names match, your public key is
> electronically signed by Governikus, confirming the match.
> """
>
> interesting, kind of cool.
>
> Obviously they cannot authenticate the email address
> so once I have a common name, we get collisions?

The signature is send to the email listed in the key. In case you
share a name with someone which has a PGP key and you sign this key,
the person(s) with access to that email account will get the signature.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
http://www.Leidinger.net Alexander at Leidinger.net: PGP 0x8F31830F9F2772BF