expiration date for the keys pgp (automatism)

broussard marc broussard_marc at yahoo.fr
Mon Jun 5 16:49:55 CEST 2023

 Hello

It is the firs time that I am writing to the mailing list...
Be indulgent please!

I need to know when a key is expired in order to renew it:

for instance:

gpg --list-keys

------------------------

 pub rsa4096 2016-05-26 [SC] [expires: 2025-01-31]
 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxXXXXXXXXXXXX
 uid [ full ] PeopleDoc Inc (Eeyore Encryption Key Prod EU) <xxxx at YYYYY.com>
 sub rsa4096 2016-05-26 [E] [expires: 2025-01-31]

I would to launch a script each week end, to have a warning when for instance, when the key is expired 4 week later.
In this case, early january 2025 I would like this warning.

I think I can manage to do it with shell script (LINUX) ...

but before, I would like to if there is a fonction in pgp which allow that or anything similar ?
=> does pgp can tell when the key is becoming soon expired?

thanks a lot

marc broussard
equans France