GPGME question about ciphertext and plaintext sizes

Dim Xr dimxrss at gmail.com
Wed May 10 13:43:46 CEST 2023

Thank you Werner.

You need to use a low level crypto library
> for that (e.g. Libgcrypt) and decide which algorithm, mode and
> additional information you use.

OK I'll check it out. Searching on the mailing list responses I
came across with Libgcrypt again, but I've read that it is quite
low-level library so you have  to be some kind of guru to use it. :-)
I'm far from a security expert, that's why I needed a more
higher level solution for this. But definitely I'll give it a shot.

Do you know if OpenSSL is suitable for this task?

Dim.