Finally moving from 2.0.22 to 2.2.x or higher

Mike Schleif mike at mdsresource.net
Sat May 20 18:20:42 CEST 2023

What do we need to know about using our existing keyring, and copious CLIs,
that we use to encrypt, decrypt and administer our legacy GPG?

As previously posted, we are on Centos 7.9.2009, which only supports GPG
v2.0.x.

Until we upgrade Centos later this year, I've been reviewing suggestions on
how to upgrade to 2.2.17 and higher, which we're about to undertake.

How can we "import" our existing keyring into newer GPG?

What else do we need to know, and prepare for, for our production use?

Please, advise. Thank you.

~ Mike