Mastodon account: running a server?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri May 26 14:09:29 CEST 2023

Hi Henning,

Am Donnerstag 25 Mai 2023 19:15:19 schrieb Henning Follmann:
> Well there was also the initial thought of spinning "our own" instance.

yes, I did not mention it, because I've answered it back then:
The limitation are administration and moderation time.
For this to work out, at least one more person would need to step up.

My idea is that most GnuPG developers will rather improve something specific
for GnuPG (or the Free Soft ecosystem around it) than running a fedivese
server.

> I still hold the gnupg.social dns registration and I am still willing
> to pay for it and keeping it current.
> I also would chip in time as a assistant administrator. Though I have to
> say I do not have any experience in running a mastodon instance.

Thanks for both offers!
If someone else comes up and wants to run the server, it may become a viable
option. (Though I don't know how GnuPG devs think about using the official
name.)

If this is considered, why not run a Pleroma backend or one of this line.

Best Regards
Bernhard

--
https://intevation.de/~bernhard   +49 541 33 508 3-3
Geschäftsführer Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter