Building GnuPG – libassuan version

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Oct 11 14:20:42 CEST 2023

Hi Falko,

On Wed, 11 Oct 2023 09:08, Falko Strenzke said:
> I see now that even https://github.com/gpg/libassuan/tree/libassuan-3.0-base
> is identifying itself as version "2.5.6-beta1" via its config binary. So I
> wonder how I can have working version of libassuan for current GnuPG master.

I am travelling, so only a short reply.

Please do not use the github mirror - I am not sure whether it is always
up to date.  Better use the https://dev.gnupg.org mirror or just the
plain git:// mirror.

You should simply checkout "master" and not a specific tag.  Current
development goes into master and at least for me it works.
Current HEAD is at 16b6b7753229a41fb3b4bf77d34873db8f3cb682.

You need to get the latest libassuan master, build and install it and
also the latest libgpg-error.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner

--
The pioneers of a warless world are the youth that
refuse military service.             - A. Einstein