Failed to export secret key

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Sep 5 16:50:30 CEST 2023

On Mon,  4 Sep 2023 19:45, Alexander Leidinger said:

> If I specify --pinentry-mode loopback it works. Shouldn't this also
> work without this option? If yes, what's wrong or how to debug this

Sure, this shall work.  You may want to add

debug ipc
debug-pinentry
log-file /some/file

to gpg-agent.conf, restart  the agent and check the log file.

Reminder: In case of any problems, please try invoking gpg with
--verbose (or -v).  You will see more diagnostics.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner

--
The pioneers of a warless world are the youth that
refuse military service.             - A. Einstein