after OS update I can't use my OpenPGP card anymore

NIIBE Yutaka gniibe at fsij.org
Mon Sep 25 04:03:23 CEST 2023

Hello,

Matthias Apitz <guru at unixarea.de> wrote:
> After an update of FreeBSD from 13-CURRENT to 14-CURRENT I can't used
> my OpenPGP card with the USB token anymore. In /var/log/messages
> it says:
[...]
> Any hints how to debug this

You can run scdaemon as a foreground process to debug.  An example
session is like:

	$ SOME_PATH_TO_scdaemon --debug-all --verbose --verbose --server
	SERIALNO
	BYE
	$

(Here, "SERIALNO" and "BYE" is input from terminal by a user)

Likewise, you can invoke scdaemon as a foreground process from GDB.
Then, you may locate the place where it crashes.