What files modified by --quick-set-expire ? (pls CC me)

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Aug 19 12:07:09 CEST 2024

On Sun, 18 Aug 2024 20:18, Douglas Lucas said:

> When I invoke "$ gpg2 --quick-set-expire" to modify a public key, a sub
> key, or a secret key, what file(s) are modified by gpg2? In other words,
> by default, what are the public/sub/secret key files that are changed

There is no definite answer for this because everything in GnuPG's home
directory _may_ be affected.  Probably affected files and directories
with current versions are:

  - pubring.gpg
  - pubring.kbx
  - trustdb.gpg
  - public-keys.d/

Youi need to use for example "gpg --export <userid>" to export and
distribute the public key.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner

--
The pioneers of a warless world are the youth that
refuse military service.             - A. Einstein