ftp down

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Aug 20 09:07:01 CEST 2024

On Tue, 20 Aug 2024 00:26, Jacob Bachmeyer said:

> I would encourage resuming FTP distribution, since I see no plausible
> security benefit to omitting it.

I agree with your arguments.  However, not providing FTP saves us from a
lot of bike shedding discussions ;-)

Another reason why we stopped FTP is that I currently don't anymore
trust the oftpd we are using because it seems I have to maintain it
myself.  Moving to Apache might be an option but that can only be done
when we also move the web server to Apache.  We are still running Boa
instances behind Pound on pretty old hardware.  This needs to be
changed, I know.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner

--
The pioneers of a warless world are the youth that
refuse military service.             - A. Einstein