ftp down

Jacob Bachmeyer jcb62281 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 02:11:42 CEST 2024

Werner Koch wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Aug 2024 19:09, Jacob Bachmeyer said:
>

>> configured for anonymous-only.  FTP is both simple and ancient, so I
>>

> Yes, the protocol is simple but most server implementaions are pretty
> complex.  That is why we settled for oftpd nearly decades ago.  And as
> we see we are already building a file shed ;-)

Indeed; my point there was that not providing FTP does not necessarily
avoid discussions about providing FTP.  ;-)

If you provide it, you can have people suggesting turning it off.  If
you turn it off, you will have people suggesting to turn it back on.  ;-)

(This thread started when a user noticed that it was down, so it was
being used, if rarely.)

-- Jacob