gpg --card-status

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Mon Jan 1 20:33:28 CET 2024

El día domingo, diciembre 31, 2023 a las 05:34:42p. m. +0100, Ingo Klöcker escribió:

> On Samstag, 30. Dezember 2023 23:30:39 CET Felix E. Klee wrote:
> > Line 25: “sec>” means secret primary key. Where does the key ID come
> > from? Is it read from the card? Or it read from the public key ring on
> > disk?
> >
> > Line 27: “ssb>” means secret sub key.
> >
> > Line 29: “ssb#” means secret sub key, but without the matching secret
> > key on the card. This I just learned from Ingo Klöcker in another
> > thread.
>
> The meaning of ">" and "#" is documented in the description of the command
> `--list-secret-keys` in the manual page of gpg.
>
> Regards,
> Ingo

It seems from the man page that only '#' is documented:

man gpg
       --list-secret-keys

       -K     List all keys from the secret keyrings, or just the ones given
              on the command line. A # after the letters sec means that the
              secret key is not usable (for example, if it was created via
              --export-secret-subkeys).

What does '>' means?

Thanks

	matthias