OT: Best way to send e-mails to a recipient that does know encryption

vedaal at nym.hush.com vedaal at nym.hush.com
Wed Jan 3 05:10:55 CET 2024

On 1/2/2024 at 9:26 AM, "Ingo Klöcker" <kloecker at kde.org> wrote:

>Posteo will release data to authorities if they are forced to do
>so by a
>judicial order. See their transparency reports for details:
>https://posteo.de/en/site/transparency_report
>
>I'm still using Posteo.

=====

Another option is Hushmail.

It allows to send encrypted mail to someone who has no encryption experience and to any email address.

The Receiver agrees on a passphrase with the Sender, and the Sender sends the encrypted email.

The Receiver gets a notice in whatever email he/she is using, with a link to a site on the hushmail server.

The Receiver clicks on a link, and Hushmail requests  a passphrase.  Only 3 attempts are allowed.  The message is erased on the 4th try.

The message is also erased after 72 hours from the time it is sent.  If the passphrase is correct, it displays the plaintext of the message.

Again, if you are suspected of being a terrorist or a human trafficker, and Law Enforcement gets a convincing order, they will release your information.

They are based in Canada.   Price is 49 US$ / year.   Allows for unlimited aliases, (that haven't already been taken).

If anyone wants to try out the encryption, please send me an email, and tell me what you want your passphrase to be.

vedaal