Win 11 + Smarcard: SSH public key authentication fails

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Jan 15 17:36:23 CET 2024

Hi!

I am not 100% sure whether I did understand you correctly:

You are in Windows 11 and want to use its native OpenSSH client to
connect to some other ssh server.

Why do you need Putty, which has an integrated but different ssh
implementation?

For Putty you had *enable-putty-support* in your gpg-agent.conf.  For
the native client you need to add *enable-w32-openssh-support* to your
gpg-agent.conf.  Better disable the Putty support; I am not sure whether
there are any conflicts.

Take care, alhough me and my scripts ssh into Windows10 and 11 boxes
quite often, the other way around is not that well tested.

For debugging options, please see my other mail from today.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner

--
The pioneers of a warless world are the youth that
refuse military service.             - A. Einstein