GNU Privacy Handbook typo

Eric Pruitt eric.pruitt at gmail.com
Sat Jun 8 18:12:09 CEST 2024

On Fri, Jun 07, 2024 at 11:47:08PM -0500, Jacob Bachmeyer via Gnupg-users wrote:
> Few English-as-a-foreign-language courses should be expected to
> mention singular "they", so its use is inappropriate in documentation.

There are lots of things that aren't taught in classrooms that still
apply to the real world regardless of the subject. I don't expect people
to know everything about English, but I do expect that people be open to
learning new things, and anyone capable of learning English well enough
to understand technical documentation should also be able to understand
that "they" can be singular. I don't think it's all that different from
understanding that "he" and its equivalents in many languages can be
masculine and feminine depending on the context, a trait that's common
to a lot of non-native English speakers' native languages.

Eric