which application enables allow‐ocsp in dirmngr.conf?

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Mon Jun 17 14:37:09 CEST 2024

On Freitag, 14. Juni 2024 17:55:23 CEST Marco Moock wrote:
> If I enable check validity of SMIME via OCSP, there won't be added a
> line allow_ocsp, which is needed according to the post of Ingo.
> By default in Debian, the check won't work and will result in
>
> dirmngr[30845.5]: command 'ISVALID' failed: Nicht unterstützt
>
> Which application is responsible for changing that?

Kleopatra. I checked "Validate certificates online (OCSP)" and clicked Apply. I
verified that allow-ocsp was added to my dirmngr.conf.

I'm using a self-compiled gpg 2.4.6-beta and the lasted development version of
Kleopatra.

Maybe your version of gpg and/or Kleopatra is too old or there is a bug in
your version. Is "Allow sending OCSP requests" listed as option in the
Kleopatra settings dialog under GnuPG System/Network?

Regards,
Ingo