Americas Mirror {ftp.,www.,}gnupg.ca Down

Brian Inglis Brian.Inglis at SystematicSW.ab.ca
Sat Jun 22 19:01:40 CEST 2024

Hi folks,

I noticed the Gnu/PG libgcrypt release announcement.
So I went to gnupg.org to remind myself of the mirrors and onto gnupg.ca to
check download availability.

I found I could not access any GnuPG.ca host using any protocol with any browser
or tool, including curl, wget&/2, lynx: DNS resolution appears to be working,
but I get no response even to just header requests from any URI.

Using geoiplookup reports gnupg.ca hosted via AS5645 TEKSAVVY and whois reports
teksavvy.com in Chatham, ON, CA which appears to be up.

I also checked on 3rd party site checkers and they have no access either.

I initially sent a message to ftpmaster, but saw no response or change.

I hope this is just some server or network glitch, but I find this concerning as
gnupg.ca is the only mirror in the Americas, and with the recent outage of
FSF.org, I am concerned whether some bad actors may be trying to block access to
FOSS security updates.
That may be a paranoid view but to be concerned about security requires it!

                                 -- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry