Revisiting Windows ARM Support

Cole Mickens cole.mickens at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 02:48:58 CEST 2024

Hi, has anyone testing GnuPG on the new Snapdragon X Elite laptops? As
far as I know, gnupg on Linux has no issues compiling for ARM, but I
know there is an open issue for arm64 builds of gnupg for windows
(https://dev.gnupg.org/T5342).

I don't know whether the x86 emulation would work, given that scdaemon
presumably has some hardware/driver component and I know those don't
play nice with the emulator. Plus, it would be great to simply have a
native build for such a critical daily software.

Of course, I hope this is moot soon, when devicetrees are stabilized
for these devices, but in the meantime, the increased portability
means I'm considering using Windows as a stop-gap.

Thanks for your efforts and attention.