Signing (and Encrypting) Mails with gpg like DKIM

Andrew Gallagher andrewg at andrewg.com
Wed Sep 4 15:05:28 CEST 2024

On 4 Sep 2024, at 13:41, Jakob Bohm via Gnupg-users <gnupg-users at gnupg.org> wrote:

> As a mail admin I see a lot of buggy 3rd party mail servers built by rather
> large companies, but the traditional line mangling so common before MIME
> seems a thing of the past,

As I mentioned already in an (accidental) off-list message to the OP, I have one regular correspondent who sees my signatures as broken if I send email from my laptop, because some as yet unknown MTA on the path between us is normalising a double newline into a single newline between the MIME headers of the inner multipart and the inner MIME plaintext part. I’m sure I’m not the only person to experience this.