Signing Mails with OpenPGP like DKIM

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Sep 6 14:00:53 CEST 2024

On Thu,  5 Sep 2024 11:04, Daniel Kahn Gillmor said:

> PS for the record, i think there is one major concern about PGP/MIME
>    multipart/signed: for users of MUAs that don't understand PGP/MIME,
>    the signature shows up as a mystery attachment.  I can't tell you the

See
GpgOL: Add filenames for PGP/MIME parts
https://dev.gnupg.org/T4258

on how to solve that.  Complaints about strange attachments dropped to
nearly zero after we deployed that change 5 years ago.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner

--
The pioneers of a warless world are the youth that
refuse military service.             - A. Einstein