Error: Bad length of salt (32) for AES when importing a p12 certificate

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Sep 19 15:02:17 CEST 2024

On Thu, 19 Sep 2024 13:42, Nils Schween said:

> If it is necessary, I can try to create a certificate with openssl, that
> reproduces the error.

Given the brittleness of pkcs#12/minip12.c I would really appricate to
have a sample file.  But the worst thing which could happen is that the
64 bit salt does not work anymore in the future.  It is unlikey, though.

Please give me some days to apply the patch.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner

--
The pioneers of a warless world are the youth that
refuse military service.             - A. Einstein