gnutls 0.2.0, Re: gnutls 0.2.0

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Wed Aug 8 19:01:01 2001

On Wed, 8 Aug 2001 15:44:36 +0100 (BST), Philip Hazel said:

> Fine by me. I'm afraid I know nothing about GNU TLS. Will it require
Version is 0.2.1 :-) Gnu TLS should at some time in the future replace the use of OpenSSL which has the license incompatibilities with the GPL.
That makes it easier. On Wed, 8 Aug 2001 16:49:44 +0200, Robert van der Meulen said:
> How hard will it be to transition ? How much stability can i expect from
> gnutls ?
None. GNUTLS is really alpha. I justed wanted to coordinate with you than noone else is doing such stuff.
> As the freeze is coming closer, i'm a bit hesitant to adding an exim-tls to
> debian until it's really stable.
Sure, I do not expected that it will go into Debian before it really works and we have done a security audit.
> There is a 'gnutls' ITP for Debian, and i personally know the maintainer.
> I'll talk to him and see if we can get things in sync.
Well, it should really go into experimental. Ciao, Werner -- Werner Koch Omnis enim res, quae dando non deficit, dum habetur g10 Code GmbH et non datur, nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est. Privacy Solutions -- Augustinus