[gnutls-dev] OpenCDK indexing fails if a public key is at offset 0

Adam Langley alangley at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 08:31:07 CEST 2006

(from the opencdk sources included in gnutls-1.4.4:

keydb.c:208

*r_off is set to 0 and, at line, 223, if processing hasn't set this
not a non-zero number CDK_EOF is returned. However, if we are
searching for a key at offset 0, this returns CDK_EOF anyway.

I suggest setting *r_off to 0xffffffffu and testing != to this value
at 223. (I've made this patch locally and it's working fine for me. I
guess we have to hope noone has >4GB of key data.)

AGL

Adam Langley                                      agl at imperialviolet.org
http://www.imperialviolet.org                       650-283-9641