gnutls 0.2.0

Robert van der Meulen rvdm at cistron.nl
Wed Aug 8 16:52:01 CEST 2001

Quoting Philip Hazel (ph10 at cus.cam.ac.uk):
> On 7 Aug 2001, Werner Koch wrote:
> > I already talked with Nikos about using Exim as a real world program
> > to test GNU TLS.  Philip, Robert, what do you think about this?
> > Should we give it a try?
> Fine by me. I'm afraid I know nothing about GNU TLS. Will it require
> source hacking in Exim? The current code is all contained in a single
> source module which makes OpenSSL calls. Presumably this could easily be
> modified if the API is different.
Same here :)

How hard will it be to transition ? How much stability can i expect from
gnutls ?
As the freeze is coming closer, i'm a bit hesitant to adding an exim-tls to
debian until it's really stable.

There is a 'gnutls' ITP for Debian, and i personally know the maintainer.
I'll talk to him and see if we can get things in sync.

Greets,
	Robert

--
			      Linux Generation