GNU TLS Licensing

Ian McKellar yakk at yakk.net.au
Mon May 14 22:43:02 CEST 2001

Hi,

I'm the maintainer of GnomeVFS - the GNOME Virtual Filesystem library. The
library provides a simple api for accessing filesystems both local and remote.
I'm working on SSL support so that we can implement HTTPS. Unfortunately there
are no SSL implementations that are license-compatible with GnomeVFS's LGPL.
Are there any plans to license GNU TLS (and its dependant libraries) under
the LGPL? Right now I'm using OpenSSL which is clearly incompatible (BSD with
advertising) and the only alternative is Netscape's NSS (dual MPL/GPL).

Thanks,

Ian