[gnutls-dev]gnutls test client

Nikos Mavroyanopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Sun Jun 16 10:01:02 CEST 2002

 I've found a program called siege which is supposed to stress web
servers. It also supported ssl3 support (with openssl). I wanted to test
gnutls as a client and thus I modified this and added support for gnutls.

I've currently only tested some differences between algorithms
(as expected the rsa-arcfour-md5 combination was the faster one), and
differences between protocols (for some reason rsa-arcfour-md5 was much
faster if used in SSL3 than TLS1).

I have not tried checking the performance of compression algorithms yet
(I'll probably check LZO[1] soon).

The patched with gnutls siege program can be found at
http://members.hellug.gr/nmav/siege-gnutls.

[0]. http://www.joedog.org/siege/index.shtml
[1]. http://www.oberhumer.com/opensource/lzo/

--