[gnutls-dev]gnutls 0.5.10 is out

Nikos Mavroyanopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Sun Oct 13 19:25:02 CEST 2002

I've released gnutls 0.5.10.

The news in this version are:
- Updated documentation.
- Added server name extension. This allows clients to specify the
  name of the server they connect to. Useful to HTTPS.
- Several corrections in the code base, mostly in signed/unsigned,
  checkings.

As you see I've added again the server name indication, which was removed
in a previous version, because I disagree with this extension[0]. It seems
however that this extension will be included in the TLS extensions RFC,
and most browsers will support it.

[0]. This extension solves the problem of virtual hosting in TLS HTTP
servers. This was firstly solved in RFC2817, but nobody ever implemented
it, so HTTPS (RFC2818) will dominate servers for a long long time.

--
Nikos Mavroyanopoulos
Email: nmav at gnutls org