[gnutls-dev]gnutls 0.8.0

Nikos Mavroyanopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Mon Jan 20 15:45:01 CET 2003

I've just released gnutls 0.8.0.
- Added gnutls_x509_extract_dn_string() which returns a
  distinguished name in a single string.
- Added gnutls_openpgp_extract_key_name_string() which returns
  an openpgp user ID in a single string.
- Added gnutls_x509_extract_certificate_ca_status() which returns
  the CA status of the given certificate.
- Added SRP-6 support. Follows draft-ietf-tls-srp-04.
- If libtasn1 is not present in the system, it is included in
  the main gnutls library.
- If liblzo is present in the system, then the included minilzo
  will not be used, and libgnutls-extra will depend on liblzo.
- GNUTLS_E_PARSING_ERROR error code was replaced by GNUTLS_E_BASE64_DECODING_ER
  and GNUTLS_E_SRP_PWD_PARSING_ERROR. GNUTLS_E_ASCII_ARMOR_ERROR was also
  replaced by GNUTLS_E_BASE64_DECODING_ERROR.

I've increased the version number to 0.8.0 to indicate that we are
heading for a stable 1.0.0 release. All new features such as X.509 CRL
and PKCS12 support will be added in 0.9.x releases.

--
Nikos Mavroyanopoulos