[gnutls-dev] GnuTLS OpenPGP key support

Nikos Mavroyanopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Fri Apr 9 15:55:11 CEST 2004

On Friday 09 April 2004 03:27, Atom 'Smasher' wrote:

> from what i've found, OpenPGP key support is not yet an official part of
> the TLS standard. is there any opposition that the TLS WG will take
> seriously?
No there was no opposition to this draft. The problem was that there wasn't
much interest in the TLS working group, and there is not 2nd implementation
of the draft except for gnutls'.

> i'd guess that verisign/thawte don't want this to happen, but
> how much influence do they hold in determining whether or not it becomes a
> standard?
None. Just don't expect them to vote it to advance it as standard.

> any guess when it should be officially part of the TLS protocol?
I keep resubmiting it now and then. I'll

> in the meantime, if i wanted to use this, would i have to do some major
> modification to apache and my web browser?
Openssl does not support this draft, so it is not possible to use it with
apache. As far as I know the only server that currently supports it, is "thy"
( http://bonehunter.rulez.org/Thy.phtml )

--
Nikos Mavroyanopoulos