[gnutls-dev] OpenPGP security for web servers, again

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Feb 3 20:52:28 CET 2004

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 11:00:18 -0500, john  said:

> HTTP server and browser?  It seems that with opencdk and the unique
> OpenPGP support in gnutls being under the GPL, we'll never see this
> support put into Apache.  Does the new Apache license change the

There is no technical need to link it into Apache.  It is not that
difficult to write a socket based daemon providing OpenPGP
authentication suing GPGME and GnuPG.  The current performance won't
be sufficient for a large site, but we are planning to give it a huge
boost by keeping the gpg process running as a daemon (it would be
possible to use this even direclty w/o the gpgme library).

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner

--
Werner Koch                                      <wk at gnupg.org>