[gnutls-dev] Re: [Help-gnutls] Self-signed certificates vs Opera

Nikos Mavroyanopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Sun May 2 19:45:24 CEST 2004

On Sunday 02 May 2004 12:00, you wrote:
> Hi,
> > I'm not sure it's a gnutls problem, but anyway with that information
> > there is not much I can do. Try running "gnutls-http-serv -d 3" in the
> > src/ directory, connect with opera on it and send me the output.
> attached. Actually the error seems to be nonfatal, the page is shown
> afterwards. So I was a bit to fast in my 'does not work'.
> Yet the output may be somewhat interesting for you.
Yes, it seems that the opera connects once using an SSL version 2
hello, for some reason that connection fails, and then connects
again using a TLSv1 hello and succeds. I don't know why this happens
but it seems like a hack to the opera browser, to make it work with specific
servers (and probably gnutls is one of them). I will try to check about it.

--
Nikos Mavroyanopoulos