[gnutls-dev] GnuTLS 1.2.1
jas at extundo.com
Mon Apr 4 18:17:16 CEST 2005
We are pleased to announce the availability of GnuTLS 1.2.1!
This is a bugfix release on the 1.2.x branch. This release is
intended to be stable and we recommend all GnuTLS users to upgrade.
Improving GnuTLS is costly, but you can help! We are looking for
organizations that find GnuTLS useful and wish to contribute back.
You can contribute by reporting bugs, improve the software, or donate
money or equipment.
Commercial support contracts for GnuTLS are available, and they help
finance continued maintenance. Simon Josefsson Datakonsult, a
privately owned company located in Stockholm, is currently funding
GnuTLS maintenance, and is always looking for interesting development
If you need help to use GnuTLS, or want to help others, you are
invited to join our help-gnutls mailing list, see:
The project page of the library is available at:
http://josefsson.org/gnutls/ (updated fastest)
Here are the compressed sources:
Here are GPG detached signatures signed using key 0xB565716F:
Here are the build reports for various platforms:
Here are the MD5/SHA1 checksums:
Noteworthy changes since version 1.2.0:
- gnutls_bye() will no longer fail when RDWR is used and application
data are available for reading.
- Added more strict checks for the SRP parameters (g,n), when they
are not in the included list.
- Added warning to certtool when MD5 is being used for digital
- Optimizations ("-O2 -finline-functions") are not enabled by default,
instead the standard autoconf defaults are used. Use `./configure
CFLAGS="-O2 -finline-functions"' to get the old optimizations.
- Added the option --get-dh-params to certtool, in order to get the
included in the library primes and generators.
- Improved the semantics of GNUTLS_VERIFY_ALLOW_X509_V1_CA_CRT, to
allow only trusted Version 1 CAs and introduced
GNUTLS_VERIFY_ALLOW_ANY_X509_V1_CA_CRT which has the old semantics.
- Nettle self tests now build properly, reported by Pierre
<pierre42d at 9online.fr>.
- Eliminated some memory leaks in DHE and RSA-EXPORT cipher suites.
Reported by Yoann Vandoorselaere <yoann at prelude-ids.org>.
- Added the functions:
- If the library has been compiled with features disabled, a warning is
issued during the compilation of any program.
Nikos and Simon
GNU Announcement mailing list <info-gnu at gnu.org>
More information about the Gnutls-devel