[gnutls-dev] Re: MD4 support

Simon Josefsson jas at extundo.com
Sat Apr 30 19:58:54 CEST 2005

Alex Unleashed <unleashed at amule.org> writes:

> Hi folks,
>
> this should probably go to users mailing list, but I've been unable to
> subscribe today because the host seems to be down, and decided to post
> here. Sorry if this causes you any inconvenience.

Hi Alex, and welcome!  Since your post is about missing functionality,
the dev list seem fine.

> My problem is that I'm porting a GPL'd app from openssl to gnutls and I
> need MD4 support, which gnutls seems to lack in current releases. Is
> there any plan (or chance) to include it in the future?

Perhaps, if we can learn exactly what you need and why.  MD4 isn't
mentioned in RFC 2246, as far as I can tell, so isn't used by TLS
directly.  Do you need it for X.509 certificate signatures?

Thanks,
Simon