[gnutls-dev] Non blocking I/O

Torsten Landschoff torsten at debian.org
Thu Mar 17 19:06:44 CET 2005

Hi Albert,

On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 10:52:56AM -0600, Albert Chin wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 11:06:46PM +0100, Torsten Landschoff wrote:
> > As the Debian Maintainer of OpenLDAP I am trying to port that beast from
> > OpenSSL to GnuTLS. Big problem: It is using non blocking I/O. It seems
> > like OpenSSL deals with the resulting complication under the hood.
>
> Someone posted a patch for this in 2003:
>   http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-devel/200307/msg00003.html
>
> Maybe their work can help you.

That's the patch that's already in the old Debian package since 2.1.x of
OpenLDAP and causes more problems than it solves. I am working to
replace that patch which is trying to implement an OpenSSL like wrapper
around GnuTLS which I am trying to avoid since it seems to me like the
GnuTLS API is more slim than OpenSSL.

Greetings

	Torsten