[gnutls-dev] Re: BUG: gnutls_x509_crq_export return value

Simon Josefsson jas at extundo.com
Mon Aug 21 10:57:05 CEST 2006

Aaron VanDevender <sig at netdot.net> writes:

> The documentation for gnutls_x509_crq_export says that it should return
> 0 upon success, but it seems that it actually returns the size of the
> exported record (as of 1.4.5).

Hi.  Thanks for the report.  I can't understand why that would happen,
by reading the source.  Do you have a test-case to reproduce this?

The gnutls_x509_crq_export function is simple:

  return _gnutls_x509_export_int (crq->crq, format, PEM_CRQ,
				  *output_data_size, output_data,
				  output_data_size);

And by reading the code, _gnutls_x509_export_int seem to only return 0
or negative values.

Maybe you can help me by pointing out how gnutls_x509_crq_export ends
up returning positive values...?

Thanks,
Simon